- July 22, 2021
- Posted by: Piers Midwinter
- Category: Posts
A chatbot is a software application used to conduct an online chat conversation via text or text-to-speech, in lieu of providing direct contact with a live human agent. The easiest way
to build a no-code chatbot for your business is with Chatfuel. It lets you automate marketing, create lead generation, and provides support to website visitors.
You can build a chatbot in an afternoon with the Chatfuel drag-and-drop builder. A Messenger bot is the next best thing for a human salesperson. You can use it to attract leads and then immediately engage them, asking questions to qualify them so you don’t waste time on the wrong prospects.
With a bot, you can cut your cost per lead by up to 7 times. The Chatfuel drag-and-drop interface for building chatbots is visual and intuitive. There’s no code or tech knowledge required, so you can build a simple bot for your business in as little as a few minutes.
Think of these applications as a smart virtual assistant that supports your customer service and sales results by bringing a new level of automation, speed, and availability. If you have the Messenger application installed on your smartphone, you can thus receive messages sent via your website.
You will also need to create a Facebook application. The following stages detail the first six stages. For a more in-depth account, please click here.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to Facebook for Developers, click on My Apps and press Create App.
- Set the Display Name of your application.
- Enter the Contact Email.
- Navigate to Facebook Login and press the Set up button.
- Select Web from the displayed platforms.
As you can see from my application, you can create “cards” that can combine an image, title, description, and buttons. They can be used to open websites or trigger phone calls.
The cards thus let programmers build conditional Logic or decision tree-based bots where it is possible to define flow based upon user Input. This facilitates the answering of frequently asked questions. So for example, if a user types something inappropriate, they can be blocked, etc.
A really handy feature is the live chat functionality. With integration into Facebook/Messenger, messages sent by a user can be received on a smartphone for example.
Advantages of chatbots
There are thus several advantages of using a chatbot; namely, they…
- Facilitate Seamless Live Communication.
- Make Customer Service Available 24/7
- Save Time and Money.
- Reduce People-to-People Interactions with Customers.
- Eliminate Tedious Time-Consuming Tasks.
- Offer a Smoother Customer Journey.
- Reduce Stress for Consumers.
- Give a company a face
- They can give insights into customer behaviour
- They have a wide range of applications
- They can increase your sales
There are several main stages to creating a chatbot; namely, they are…
- Identify the purpose of your chatbot
- Decide where you want it to appear
- Choose the chatbot platform
- Design the chatbot conversation in a chatbot editor
- Test your chatbot
- Collect feedback from users
- Monitor chatbot analytics to improve it
You can choose where to locate the app too. Many websites have them on the homepage. However, I decided to have it on each page to give users a way to chat with me regardless of where they are on my website. If you need help creating your application, I can show you how. Please contact me for more information or book a lesson with me. I am qualified to teach Information and Communication Technology and have worked as a corporate trainer with an IT company too. I have extensive experience working with the WordPress platform too and can show you my Facebook application if you need it.