Curriculum vitae - overview
Welcome to my online Curriculum Vitae. This page focuses primarily on my artistic achievements. Information on where I am teaching now is NOT here to protect the institution, students and myself.
Please be aware that I am not looking for work. I am currently teaching in Ho Chi Minh City. I am, however, actively interested in exhibiting my artwork in isolated and interesting places for free (Kathmandu, Beijing, Bangkok, New York, ethically isolated communities, underground and Outsider art venues, etc).
I do NOT do NFTs or accept crypto payments. I rarely pay money to exhibit my artworks too. All transfers must be made by bank transfer.
If you are interested in chatting with me, please use the buttons at the bottom of this page. Feel free to follow me on Instagram and add me as a contact on Linkedin, etc.
I am an artist, teacher, entrepreneur, exhibition organizer, and explorer. I was born in the USA to British parents. I was brought up and educated in England. I am qualified to teach ICT, ESOL, and TOEIC. I have had over 22 years of full-time employment.
In terms of teaching:
- The video on the right details some of the documents I have.
- I have had summer employment teaching at many UK Universities (Kent, Cumbria, Kings Collage, Portsmouth, Bedfordshire, Warwick, Loughborough) and at Bedes International Summer School
- I was employed by the Technical University of Dresden to teach Business English to Masters Students at IHI Zittau in Germany one day per week for three and a half years
- I ran my own company successfully for over five years and had contracts with IT companies, corporations, private schools etc
- I have taught at International Schools
I have thus worked in all sectors and at all levels except kindergarten. I have taught Fine Art, Digital Art, English, ICT, Science, etc. I have combined Art and ICT my whole life to mount exhibitions of art, run and market an ESL company, design parts of paintings, create teaching resources, design this website, etc.
I am married to a Vietnamese Army Doctor and with her, have explored many remote ethnic communities with unique cultures (Hmong, Red Dzao, the “Thai” people in Mộc Châu, etc.). My artwork features references to my Interests which include ethnic art (Native American Indian, Inca, Aztec, Hmong, etc), technology, Outsider Art, Asia, America, Secularism, Old English traditions, my bloodline, etc.
Overview of artistic achievements
At Art College, I won a travel prize and later I won a University prize for “excellence in the local community”. I created five International Arts Festivals co-organising two with the New York Arts Magazine. The private view of the festival held in New York is shown a video above. I have been featured in publications worldwide (Artesian Arts magazine, Art Magazine, Art Fairs International, Beijing Arts magazine, China Daily, Harpers Bizarre Vietnam, Style Republic, The New York Arts Magazine, Raw Vision, etc).
I have exhibited in many countries including the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Spain, China, and Vietnam, etc I have exhibited in the Beijing International Art Biennale held at the National Museum of China and at the Lotus Gallery in Ho Chi Minh.
- 1989-93 – Student at City and Guilds London School of Art. Won a travel prize to visit Dubuffet’s Art Brut Museum in Lausanne
- 1993-96 – Graduate student at Middlesex University. Won the “Ede and Ravenscroft” prize for “excellence in the local community” for art projects done with Autistic adults. I also worked with homeless people and other non-mainstream people.
- 2001 – I created Raw Art Link (Now offline) – a directory of artists and organizations.
- August 1-7th 2004 – I directed the 1st Raw Arts Festival (RAF) at the Candid Arts Trust in London
- 16th of May 2005 to the 21st, 2005– The 2nd RAF was held at the Candid Arts Trust and exhibited 95 artists’ work from 12 countries. It was one of London’s largest exhibitions of non-mainstream art
- Summer 2005 – Solo exhibition at the Studio Gallery in Berlin
- December 2005 – Group show at the Arte Immagini Gallery in Cremona, Italy. Co-organized with Frank Meloni
- 2-28th October 2006 – I co-organized the RAF at the Color Elefante Gallery in Valencia, Spain with the NY Arts Magazine
- 5th March 2006 – Group exhibition at Villa Caruso, Sorrento, Italy. Co-organized with Frank Meloni
- January 17th – 31st, 2007 – I co-organized the New York RAF with the NY Arts Magazine. See the Youtube video…
- Aug 3rd-Aug 29 2007 – Artist in residence for a month and a solo show at the Beijing Arts Space in China.
- March 2nd to 26th 2008 – I co-organized the LA RAF with the Infusion Art Gallery
- April 2014 to June 2019 – I combined art and ICT to create and run a successful ESL company in Poland
- July 2021 – Offered a place to study the Masters in Fine Art Digital course at Central Saint Martins. I was unable to accept it due to financial constraints.
- Jan 18th – March 1st, 2022 – I exhibited artwork at the 9th Beijing International Art Biennale at the National Art Museum of China
- Oct-Nov 2022 – My painting “Halloween” was displayed in the reception area of the Singapore International School in Vung Tau, Vietnam
- Apr 21st-23rd 2023 – I exhibited at the Saigon Artist Fair
- Sept 15th – 24th 2023 – I exhibited at the “Olfactory Odyssey: Beyond Perfume” group show at the Lotus Gallery in Ho Chi Minh City
- Oct 24th – Nov 2023 – I will exhibit in a group show at the Lotus Gallery in Ho Chi Minh City
I have been to China (walked on the Wall of China twice, Cuandixia, Xian, Guilin, Beijing), Hong Kong, Morocco, the USA, Canada, the Isle of Wight, Vietnam (Phu Quoc, Con Dao, Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Dalat, Mekong Delta, Sapa, Dien Bien, Son La, etc) and many places in Europe, etc. I particularly enjoy visiting remote and isolated areas with unique cultures/customs. My wife is a Vietnamese Army doctor. She is the perfect travel companion…
Thank you for reading my artistic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
What I teach
SEO Focus words
curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, resume, resume, resume, resume, CV, CV, CV, CV