Curriculum Vitae - Piers MidwinterPGCE (Post 16), BA (Hons), GCGI, CELTA, TOEIC, IB ITGS
Artist and Teacher
Art, ESL & ICT
Scans of qualifications, apostilles, and my curriculum vitae (CV) can be sent separately by email upon request.
♥ PGCE (Post 16)
♣ IB ITGS
♥ BA (Hons)
I am qualified to teach ICT. I gained my PGCE in 2000 from the Institute of Education (part of the University College London)
I am qualified to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). I did my CELTA at International House in Krakow in Poland in the summer of 2008.
I am qualified to teach the Test of English for International Communication. I gained my TOEIC at Poliglotus in Poland in 2013.
I am qualified to teach the IB subject Information Technology in a Global Society. I studied at the Geitonas School in Athens in Greece in the summer of 2007.
I gained my honors degree (grade 2.1) from Middlesex University in London in 1996. I studied ICT, Education & Community Art.
I studied a Foundation in Fine Art and a Graduateship of the City and Guilds Institute at City and Guilds of London School of Art. I gained my GCGI in Painting in 1993.
♠ Travel prize
♣ University prize
Whilst at City & Guilds (89-93), I won a travel prize which I used to visit art museums in Europe including the Art Brut Museum in Lausanne, etc.
Whilst at Middlesex University (93-96), I won the “Ede and Ravenscroft” prize for “excellence in the local community. For more information: Hoffmann Foundation
am an artist, teacher, entrepreneur, and creator of the Raw Arts Festivals. I am a visual, kinesthetic, logical, mature, and friendly English man. I have had over twenty years of full-time employment with experience teaching Art, Graphics, ICT, ESOL, etc. I have combined Art and ICT my whole life to create websites, videos, festivals, run a company, plan complex paintings etc. I create in my spare time. Here is a brief summary of my life…
- Qualifications – I am qualified to teach ICT, ESOL and TOEIC.
- Employment and services, etc. – See below
- Training – I have received training in Project Management, TELC, Accelerated learning, many other topics, etc. In August 2021, I passed the EduCare Child Protection course for International Schools.
- Art – I have taught Fine Art, Digital Art, created murals for schools, organized art projects and created many artworks. I won College and University prizes recognizing some of them. I created and directed five Raw Arts Festivals and co-organized two with the New York Arts Magazine. I have an artist’s profile on the Saatchi Art website and a dedicated gallery page here. I was an artist in residence in Beijing for a month in 2008. One of my paintings was recently exhibited at the National Art Museum of China
- ICT – I taught ICT for over eleven years. I have been a nominal head of ICT at both Primary and Secondary levels. I taught English to Programmers at an IT company. I do all of my own tech (websites, Youtube videos, artworks, programming, robotics, etc.). I did all the tech for my company as detailed below.
- English – I have taught Business English to Master’s Students at IHI Zittau (Part of the Technical University of Dresden) for three and a half years – teaching one day per week. I have worked as a corporate trainer teaching mainly Business English to managers, etc. I have taught the Cambridge English Suite to a wide range of clients.
- Entrepreneur – I ran my own company/language school in Poland and created everything I needed to run it (Youtube videos, website updates, contracts, invoices, adverts, car stickers, posters, Google Adword campaigns, etc.).
- Personal interests – I have campaigned passionately for the UK to rejoin the EU. I have travelled extensively. I love culture, creating artworks, exploring educational technology, creating business, exploring Vietnam on a motorbike, and enjoying life!
Please contact me for a fuller Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Cambridge Teacher – Since February 7th 2022, I have worked at a Cambridge International School in Vietnam.
- I am Teaching Maths, English, Science and Social Studies
- I am a form tutor with pastoral responsibilities. This involves contacting parents, checking attendance, and notices, caring for my students and, crucially, monitoring their progress both academically and socially; encouraging involvement, and commitment, and encouraging high standards of work and behaviour.
- I was put in charge of organising all aspects of Children’s Day (June 1st 2022) for the entire Primary school (Both International and Integrated students). I ordered 5 lego sets and created some STEM activities (creating a rubber band-powered vehicle that goes as far as possible in a straight line without toppling over, etc.)
- I was asked to create online versions of Year 4 exam papers using Microsoft Forms.
- I organised a day out/excursion to a theme park in Vietnam. I processed all of the paperwork too (risk assessment form, proposal & parental permission slips, etc)
- ICT Teacher – I have had over thirteen years of full-time employment teaching ICT at both Secondary and Primary levels. This includes being a nominal head of Secondary ICT at two International Schools in Poland. I have experience teaching IB ITGS, A level, GNVQ, DIDA, IGCSE, and the Cambridge Starters. Between August 2019 and December 2021, I was the nominal head of Primary ICT at a Cambridge International School in Ho Chi Minh City. I achieved the following…
- High test/exam grades with all of my Year 5 students
- Developed the ICT Department
- Taught ICT skills to members of staff
- Run many after-school ICT clubs
- Created end-of-year tests, invigilated them and marked them
- Incorporated new elements into the Cambridge ICT Starters syllabus to help prepare students for both the Cambridge Computer Science course and equip them to learn online as a result of lockdowns. This includes teaching more programming (Minecraft, Tynker, Hour of code, Code for Google, Scratch, MSW Logo, HTML, CSS, etc.) and online topics (E-safety, digital citizenship, digital literacy, Google Meet, Drive, Docs, etc.)
- I gained experience teaching at more than one campus and I taught online too.
- University lecturer – I was employed by the Technical University of Dresden for three and a half years (10/14-1/18) to teach Business English to Master’s students at IHI Zittau in Germany one day per week
- Invigilating University exams and marking them
- Creating lessons and resources, etc.
- Summer School Teacher – including, St. Bede’s International Summer School (working as an Academies Teacher – ICT and English), Portsmouth University, University of Cumbria, Kings College London, The University of Kent, and Bedfordshire University, etc.
- Entrepreneur – I ran my own English Language School in Poland for over 5 years. I did all the tech (websites, adverts, invoices, etc.) and had many contracts (IT company, Corporations, Directors, Private Schools, etc). I am now developing Gent’s Club
More details from my curriculum vitae
I own a flat in the Binh Thanh District of Ho Chi Minh City
I have four (PGCE, University Degree, CELTA, and CRB)
I have full UK and USA passports
Native English Speaker (UK)
I have very clear received pronunciation
I have had two Astra Zeneca injections and one Pfizer.
Temporary Residence Card
I have a 3 year TRC valid until 2025
I have a work permit exemption certificate
I own a Honda Airblade
I have travelled extensively. I have been to China (walked on the Wall of China twice, Cuandixia, Xian, Guilin, Beijing), Hong Kong, Morocco, the USA, Canada, the Isle of Wight, Vietnam (Phu Quoc, Con Dao, Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Dalat, Mekong Delta, Vung Tau, Ho Chi Minh) and many European countries, etc. Please visit my posts to see some of the places I would recommend you visit.
Thank you for reading my Curriculum Vitae (CV)
What I teach
What is a curriculum vitae?
In English, a curriculum vitae is a short written summary of a person’s career, qualifications, and education. This is the most common usage in both North American and British English. In North America, the term résumé is a common synonym for CV in the sense of a short career summary.
Purpose of a curriculum vitae
A CV, which stands for curriculum vitae, is a document used when applying for jobs. It allows you to summarise your education, skills and experience enabling you to successfully sell your abilities to potential employers. Alongside your CV employers also usually ask for a cover letter.