Curriculum Vitae - Piers MidwinterPGCE (Post 16), BA (Hons), GCGI, CELTA, TOEIC, IB ITGS
Artist and Teacher
Richmond City, 207c Nguyen Xi,
Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh
Scans of qualifications, apostilles, and my curriculum vitae (CV) can be sent separately by email upon request
♥ PGCE (Post 16)
♣ IB ITGS
♥ BA (Hons)
I am qualified to teach ICT. I gained my PGCE in 2000 from the Institute of Education (part of the University College London)
I am qualified to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). I did my CELTA at International House in Krakow in the summer of 2008.
I am qualified to teach the Test of English for International Communication. I gained my TOEIC at Poliglotus in Poland in 2013.
I am qualified to teach the IB subject Information Technology in a Global Society. I studied at the Geitonas School in Athens, Greece in the summer of 2007.
I gained my honors degree (grade 2.1) from Middlesex University in London in 1996. I studied ICT, Education & Community Art.
I studied a Foundation in Fine Art and a Graduateship of the City and Guilds Institute at City and Guilds of London School of Art. I gained my GCGI in Painting in 1993.
♠ Travel prize
♣ University prize
Whilst at City & Guilds (89-93), I won a travel prize which I used to visit art museums in Europe including the Art Brut Museum in Lausanne, etc.
Whilst at Middlesex University (93-96), I won the “Ede and Ravenscroft” prize for “excellence in the local community. For info: Hoffmann Foundation
I was employed by the Technical University of Dresden (10/14-1/18) to teach Business English to Masters students at IHI Zittau in Germany one day per week
am an artist, teacher, entrepreneur, and creator of the Raw Arts Festivals. I am a visual, kinesthetic, logical, mature, and friendly English man. I have had over twenty years of full-time employment with experience teaching Art, Digital Art, ICT, and ESOL, etc. I have run my own company and worked with Company directors, International Schools, Universities, Corporations, and International Art Magazines, etc. I am currently employed by a Cambridge International School member in Ho Chi Minh as a Cambridge ICT Teacher.
I have combined Art and ICT my whole life to create websites, videos, festivals, and to run a company, etc. I create in my spare time. I have a wide range of other experiences too. Here is a summary of what I have done so far…
- Qualifications and achievements – See above or ask for a curriculum vitae.
- Training – I have received training in Safeguarding, Project Management, TELC, Accelerated learning, and many other topics, etc.
- Art – I have taught Fine Art, Digital Art, created murals for schools, organized art projects and created many artworks. I won College and University prizes recognizing some of them. I created and directed five Raw Arts Festivals and co-organized two with the New York Arts Magazine. I have an artist’s profile on the Saatchi Art website and a dedicated gallery page here. I was an artist in residence in Beijing for a month in 2008.
- ICT – I have taught ICT for over eleven years. I have been a nominal head of ICT at both Primary and Secondary levels. I have taught English to Programmers and had a wide range of technical discussions with them. I have created, updated my websites, and have created a vast number of digital resources for them (Youtube videos, artworks, etc.). I have created a dedicated Cambridge ICT and Programming website called Gent’s Club which has courses on HTML, Scratch, MSW Logo, Spreadsheets, Graphics, etc.
- English – I have taught Business English to Master’s Students at IHI Zittau (Part of the Technical University of Dresden) for three and a half years – teaching one day per week. I have worked as a corporate trainer teaching mainly Business English to managers, etc. I have taught the Cambridge English Suite to a wide range of clients.
- Entrepreneur – I ran my own company/language school, created all my own publicity materials (Youtube videos, website updates, posters, Google Adword campaigns, etc.), created invoices and contracts with companies, etc.
- Personal interests – I have campaigned for the UK to rejoin the EU. I have travelled extensively. I love culture, food, new experiences, creating artworks, motorbiking, and life!
Please contact me for a Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing employment history and references, etc. I can then send you a PDF version of this Curriculum Vitae.
More details from my curriculum vitae
I am employed as a Cambridge ICT Teacher
I co-own a Condominium in the Binh Thanh District
I have Apostilles for my PGCE, Degree, CELTA, and CRB
I have full UK and USA passports
24th July 1968
I was born in the USA to British parents
I had my first jab on 16th June 2021.
Temporary residence card
I have a three-year TRC. Expiry: 1st June 2024
My wife is a Vietnamese Army Doctor
I have traveled extensively. I have been to China, Hong Kong, Morocco, the USA, Canada, Isle of Wight, and many European countries, etc. Please visit my posts to see some of the places I would recommend you visit.
Thank you for reading this Curriculum Vitae (CV)