Piers MidwinterPGCE (Post 16), BA (Hons), GCGI, CELTA, TOEIC, IB ITGS
Teacher, Creator of the Raw Arts Festivals, Artist, and Entrepreneur
Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Tel: +84 927 204 386
PGCE (Post 16)
I am qualified to teach Information Communication Technology. I gained my PGCE in 2000 from the Institute of Education (part of UCL) in Central London
I gained my honors degree (grade 2.1) from Middlesex University in London in 1996. I studied ICT, Education & Community Art. I won the official University Prize for “excellence in the local community” in 1995.
I am qualified to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). I did my CELTA at International House in Krakow in the summer of 2008.
I am qualified to teach the International Baccalaureate subject Information Technology in a Global Society. I gained my ITGS from the Geitonas School in Athens in the summer of 2007.
I am qualified to teach the TOEIC – the Test of English for International Communication. I gained my TOEIC at Poliglotus in Poland in 2013.
I studied a Foundation in Fine Art and a Graduateship of the City and Guilds Institute at City and Guilds of London School of Art. I gained my GCGI in 1993. I won a travel prize for work.
I am mature, friendly, and am from the UK. I have six teaching qualifications and had a lot of training. I am currently employed as a Cambridge ICT Teacher at a member Cambridge International School in Ho Chi Minh. I have had over twenty years of full-time teaching employment as a Teacher and other experiences. These include:
- Teaching Cambridge ICT Starters and being the nominal head of Primary ICT
- Teaching ICT at the Secondary level for over nine years. This includes A’level, IGCSE, CLAIT, DIDA, GNVQ, and IB ITGS
- Teaching Business English to Master’s Students at IHI Zittau (Part of the Technical University of Dresden) for three and a half years – teaching one day per week.
- Teaching the Cambridge English Suite to a wide range of clients.
- Teaching art, creating murals for schools, and creating art
- Running my own company/language school, creating all publicity materials (Youtube videos, website updates, posters, Google Adword campaigns, etc.), creating invoices and contracts with companies, etc.
- Working with many different clients including Company directors, International Schools, Universities, Corporations, etc.
- Creating and updating websites
- Creating and directing the Raw Arts Festivals. The 2004 and 2005 Festivals were two of the biggest and best to be mounted in London. 2006 and 2007 were co-organized with the NY Arts Magazine. 2008 was in L.A.
- Winning the University Prize for “excellence in the local community”
A more detailed CV is available upon request.
Lessons in HCMC
24th July 1968
Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City
Cambridge ICT Teacher
Dual national (UK & USA)
I have traveled extensively. I have been to China, Hong Kong, Morocco, the USA, Canada, Isle of Wight, and many European countries, etc. Please visit my posts to see some of the places I would recommend you visit.